- Jest 0.8.0 release
Jest now optionally supports Jasmine 2 through config option.
- Floating Point Math
Why, more often than not, .1 + .2 != .3? Read to find out & see bunch of examples in different languages.
- New Google Plus: case study
- Om Next - David Nolen
Clojure/conj 2015 talk revealing details of Om.Next.
Om Next borrows ideas liberally from Facebook's Relay, Netflix's Falcor, Cognitect's Datomic.
- Ruby Tricks, Idiomatic Ruby, Refactorings and Best Practices
- The ClojureScript Programming Language, packaged for Node.js
Still long way to go before using for production, but it's Making the ClojureScript language usable from any Node.js project. Hopefully, soon people would be able to use cljs without JVM.
- Learn Flexbox in 5 minutes
Interactive walkthrough all things flexbox.
- Making Time to Learn
- Basic CSS Selector Syntax Explained Using Cats
Really 101 of css selectors. Just in case, you know, you want to see some cats or something.
- New features in ruby 2.3
Article describes new cool methods in Array, Hash and Enumerable.
- Lightweight APIs in mRuby
Slides from Mikhail Bortnyk's talk at Pivorak meetup
- Inside Ruby's VM: The TMI Edition. by Aaron Patterson
This is about Ruby's Virtual Machine, specifically MRI's Virtual Machine
- 5 Questions Every Unit Test Must Answer (20 mins reading)
- A collection of Ruby learning materials
- Run your tests faster with parallel Cucumber
- The 10 Most Popular DB Engines (SQL and NoSQL) in 2015
- Guide to monitoring
Article reviews choice of over 100 monitoring tools that provide excellent visibility to every nook and cranny of our IT stack
- Building Rails Applications with Docker
- Get started with Docker - 10 min online tutorial
- Default UUID's In Rails
- Attacking Ruby on Rails Applications
- Oracle Announces General Availability of MySQL 5.7
which is up to 3x faster than MySQL 5.6 in benchmark tests
- The Neo4j team is pleased to announce the general availability of Neo4j 2.3.0
- The CAP FAQ